Tropical Mexican Salad
You guys, we took Cruz on a horse back riding lesson earlier tonight and my heart was melting, the cutest thing ever, I'll attach a photo. He said, "neigh" all day in excitement, then cried like crazy when the lesson ended. Just needed to share this cute mom moment with you all!
This salad- so good! I ended up having it 3 nights this past week cause I made way too much but also cause it was freaking delicious!
I went on a salad kick craving last Sunday when I was planning out my meals and decided to make three new variations this week to spruce things up in the kitchen. So this, is the first of 3 of them to come to you...
Ever since running The Healthy Habits Club I've raised the creativity bar and it's pushed me to keep trying new things (mainly so I can keep dishing up fun new recipes for everyone to try).
Let's dive into the details...
- Fry lean ground beef in seasoning of choice (I used a random healthier taco spice) with a little bit of olive oil, then drained and set aside on some paper towels to remove excess oils.
- Cook quinoa and set aside (allow to cool before putting salad together).
- Chop vegetables, I used about 4 large peppers, 1/4 of a red onion, a dozen or so cherry tomatoes, cilantro, then topped with fresh chopped mango and pineapple.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice and toss salad together with beef and quinoa.
- For dressing you could use a fresh salsa, I used the Bolthouse Salsa Ranch dressing - its one of my favs!!
If you are making a large portion like I did, I kept my meat and quinoa in separate containers from the veg mixture to keep things for crisp.
Hope you all enjoy this one!
Love Jess & Cruz..xo