Scallop & Mussel Fettuccine in a Cashew Pesto Sauce
Last Saturday we took a drive out to Vancouver and decided to walk from Kits down to Granville Island. While we were there we went in the market (markets are my fav!!!) and decided to grab some fresh food for dinner.
We opted with scallops and mussels and then fresh pasta from the Italia section.
Got home and was like, now what the heck and I going to create. Well let me tell ya - I think I blew mine and my hubby's socks off with this one. So delicious and perfect for a delicious dinner in.
Plus, who doesn't love fresh seafood? This recipe is SO easy to make, I promise you can do it in 15 minutes or less. Head on over to my IG to get the deets and watch me whip it up! All the details are there.
But here's the scoop:
- Starting with the scallops, make sure they are thawed and dried off first, then sprinkle with salt n’ pepper.
- In a pan heat a tbsp coconut oil and place scallops on medium/high heat, cook for 90 seconds per side (flip once brown).
- In a second pan, repeat with coconut oil, place two cloves of chopped garlic to simmer then add mussels into pot, cover lid and allow to cook for 5-7 min. Finish with fresh lemon juice.
- Next up, add your noodles to boil water (fresh only take about 3 min).
- Finally heat up your pesto and add equal parts cashew milk and simmer. Combine sauce to strained and drained noodles, then top with seafood.
Bon appetit! Let me know if you whip this up and how you love it!
Hope you have a beautiful Saturday!
Jess & Cruz...xo