Citrus Protein Oats
Hey there beautiful! It's been awhile...
It's been a hot minute and a lot has changed in my life which isn't the point of this blog...but with change comes new chapters. And this chapter includes this mama getting her mojo back to create some blog content again and share my creativity in the kitchen.
I made these glorious oats a few days ago and they were the perfect springtime breakfast prep!
So I figured I'd kick off with a good old staple protein oat recipe because if you've been here before then. you know I'm all about them (and have been making them for years).
- Boil water (about 8 cups)
- Add in 3 cups of oats and reduce to simmer
- Once oats have absorbed about 80% of the water add in 3 cups of egg whites, keep stirring on low
- Add in freshly squeezed orange juice (I quartered a large naval and squeezed in the juices).
- If you like it sweet like me add in a couple tablespoons of raw stevia and stir well.
- Remove from heat and add desired toppings (I used fresh raspberries, orange, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and nut butter (with a little drizzle of honey on top).
I like to top mine with oat or nut milk before serving too!
This recipe keeps so well for meal prep and is awesome for on the go people who still want a solid breakfast packed with all the perfect macros!
Before consuming the next day I like to heat it up then add toppings. It will store well in the fridge for 4-5 days.
I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did!
Happy Springtime babes!
Love Jess & Cruz...xo